Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client Schedule
|Houston, TX - Savoy Dr.||April 14-16, 2014||$1,545.00|
This three-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client.
In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
- Experience installing PC hardware and devices.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge.
- The skills to map network file shares.
- Experience working from a command prompt.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server.
- Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client Course Outline
Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
- Preparign to Install Windows 7
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7
- Upgradingn and Migrating to Windows 7
- Performing Image-Based Installation of Windows 7
- Configuring Application Compatability
Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
- Partitioning Disks in Windows 7
- Managing Disk Volumes
- Maintaining Disks in Windows 7
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
- Overview of Authentication and Authorization
- Managing File Access in Windows 7
- Managing Shared Folders
- Configuring File Compression
- Managing Printing
Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Overview of Name Resolution
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
Configuring Wireless Network Connections
- Overview of Wireless Networks
- Configuring a Wireless Network
Securing Windows 7 Desktops
- Overview of Security Management in Windows 7
- Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by using Local Security Policy Settings
- Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring Application Restrictions
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Security Settins in Internet Explorer 8
- Configuring Windows Defender
Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
- Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools
- Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools
- Backing up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup
- Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Updates
Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
- Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access
- Configuring BranchCache for Remot Access